- You must be at least 18 years old to use this service.
- You can reply directly to a personal ad using an email address in the ad, and your email address will appear in your reply as usual. You can also email a message to replies@thoughtfulPersonals.com with just the ad’s username as subject for forwarding to the user. Clicking on the username may start this process. Unlike direct replies, forwarded messages are sent without your email address or name (though you can include them in the body of your message if you want). Any response to your message will be forwarded back to you. Restrictions on messages sent for forwarding are described below.
- To place a personal ad, create an account, log in and click on ‘Create/update ad’, or email your ad to ads@thoughtfulPersonals.com. You may place your email address in your ad for anyone to see and reply to directly. Ads can also be replied to through replies@thoughtfulPersonals.com as described above. Your response to a forwarded messages is sent with just your username and without your email address or name (though you can include them in the body of your response if you want), and you can continue exchanging messages that way without either party revealing their identity. If you wish to include (or update) photos or other media with your ad, please email them to ads@thoughtfulPersonals.com.
- Your ad must be approved before it is posted. To be approved, usernames and ads must be appropriate for the site as determined solely by thoughtfulPersonals.com and cannot contain any commercial advertising. Submissions can be of any length, though ads longer than 250 words may not be approved. Ads will be formatted in the style of the site before they are posted, and apparent spelling or punctuation mistakes may be corrected or any selected categories (e.g., Woman seeking man, New York area) appended.
- Only one ad per person at a time. Ads can be updated by submitting a new ad, or deleted by submitting an ad containing just the word ‘delete’. Personal ads will be deleted after six months, at which time you can re-submit the same ad or submit a new one. You’ll be sent a warning message before your ad is deleted.
- Messages sent for forwarding must meet the same length and content guidelines as ads as described above. They may include photos or other media. They must not contain language that pressures, harasses or is potentially offensive to the recipient as determined solely by thoughtfulPersonals.com. Messages failing to meet these guidelines or considered inappropriate in any way may not be forwarded, and any ad posted by a sender of such a message may be deleted.
- You can close your account by sending your request and username to email@example.com. Closing your account will delete any personal ad posted through that account.
- The contact email address you provide when you create an account will be used only for thoughtfulPersonals.com to contact you or to forward replies to your ad to you. It will not be revealed or distributed to any third party except as may be required by law (though it will be displayed on the web site if you include it in your ad, or inside a forwarded message if you put it there). You are advised to consider establishing a separate email address for use with this site to further ensure your privacy.
- You understand that thoughtfulPersonals.com does not screen or investigate individuals who post ads or reply to them. It does not review replies to any ad sent directly to your email address in the ad (thoughtfulPersonals.com is unaware of such replies) or any messages sent for forwarding through replies@thoughtfulPersonals.com, though it performs limited automatic processing of messages sent for forwarding to detect inappropriate content.
- You are advised to arrange any initial in-person meeting in a public place. For additional advice on safe procedures for making online connections, see http://wiredsafety.org/.
- thoughtfulPersonals.com is a free service supported by commercial advertising and is for use only by individuals looking to meet other like-minded individuals for personal relationships by placing or replying to personal ads on this website. All other uses are prohibited. The service is not affiliated with The New York Times (NYT), The New Yorker, Harper’s Magazine, National Public Radio (NPR), The Atlantic or The New York Review of Books (NYRB), all of which names are trademarks of their respective organizations.
Please send questions, suggestions or complaints to webmaster@thoughtfulPersonals.com.
Copyright 2012 thoughtfulPersonals.com